Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grandpa - what did you do in the war

Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2010 1:16 PM
Subject: Grandpa - what did you do in the war

Hi Russ
 
Had a thought last week - considered sharing it with you because of your Willowdale Blog.
 
My 17 year old grandson asked me about my early life and what I'd change - if anything. Interesting questions from an interesting person. He attends Athold Murray Notre Dame College out here in Saskatchewan - ever though he lives in Edmonton.
 
I fumbled a little but did tell him about one thing I would change.
 
When we were kids in old Willowdale there was the joke - "Grandpa, what did you do in the war?' - for those he didn't go.
 
Any way - I do wander - what would be interesting is a question of the old Willowdale crowd directed to young people - "How would you change things if you could - given your years of experience?" or something like that.
 
It certainly wouldn't be that I'd send more time f#$%@* texting or on the Internet!
 
So - if you get a chance - I encourage you to ask your old crowd what they might do to change the world - or to change their life if they could go back.
 
Might just be fun.
 
All the best
 
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments